2017 Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic
The inaugural Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic will be held in Oneida, Wisconsin July 3rd-9th, 2017. One of 33 LPGA tournaments held throughout the world, the Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic will attract 144 of the world’s best golfers to compete at the Official Golf Course of the Green Bay Packers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support women's golf, gain great experience through volunteering, make new friends and enjoy some added perks. We are looking to fill the following volunteer marshal positions.
SEEKING VOLUNTEER HOLE CAPTAINS, MARSHALS AND MOBILE MARSHALS
Marshals: Stationed throughout the course to ensure fair play among all participants, as well as safety for spectators. Focus is on the tees, landing areas, greens and spectator crosswalks. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. There is a mandatory pre-tournament training session for this position. This committee will also assist in handling the movement of the players during an evacuation.
Mobile Marshals: Act as a roaming marshal and assist Marshals when they need more people as different groups of players come through.
HOLE CAPTAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in recruiting Marshals for the hole you are serving
- Assist in scheduling shifts and communicating shifts to hole marshals
- Hole Captains are required to be onsite during each shift (thus the opportunity for co-captains to split shifts/days, etc.)
- Must attend pre-tournament mandatory training (day/time TBD)
GENERAL HOLE MARSHAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that Players have safe and easy access from hole to hole
- Signal the gallery to be quiet as Players address the ball
- Follow the path of each Player’s ball, spotting and protecting the ball should it land outside the gallery ropes or in the rough
- Marshals are located in the following areas:
- Fairways (second shot areas)
- Assist with evacuation procedures for Players according to LPGA procedures
- Assist with routing Players as needed
- Mobile marshals for roving responsibilities with premier players
- Must attend mandatory pre-tournament training session
- Primarily Thursday, July 6 through Sunday, July 9; exact shift hours yet to be determined (typically 4 hour shifts); additional hours/times may be needed July 3-5 during the Pro-Am and practice rounds depending on anticipated spectator attendance
Contact email@example.com if interested or if you want more info!
4470 N. Pine Tree Rd.
4155 Oneida, WI